24 May 2011

Peek-A-Boo. Spooky.

Peek-A-Boo Gulch is a beautifully sculptured slot
 that runs for about half a mile to a wide, sandy wash.
It is a hanging canyon with an arch just inside the opening
Spooky Gulch is the next opening as you hike down Dry Fork.
 It offers a great slot canyon hike through
 beautifully eroded Navajo sandstone.
 The canyon is deep and it constantly twists and bends,
 creating the eerie and haunting nature captured in its name.




These two slot canyons were awesome
I'd never done slot canyons before
But I can promise you there are more in my future
I am a person who likes open spaces.
Breathing room, a way out--you get the idea
Spooky is very narrow at places
I was on the brink of a panic attack in there
But I kept my cool
We started with Peek-A-Boo and looped back down through Spooky
I would recommend this hike to a friend





This is me trying to figure out how to get into the canyon
I love this view of the canyon



...I should not have been the first of the group



 
Hmm. It seemed like a good idea at the time.





Finally--Nailed it.
(It is harder than it looks)







These are my Deacon pants.
 They are sweet. They repel water.
They make me feel like a 12 year old boy in church.






This pic was taken in Spooky.
This is also my favorite pic of the trip.

xoxo

No comments: