17 January 2011

steam·er.

The mixture of milk and flavoring; warmed + froth.
Delight.




Last winter the Farley family introduced me
To homemade steamers
I have always loved steamers
Even though I only experienced them
 when I could talk someone into hopping in the car--
usually in the wee hours of the morning,
 to head down to Common Cents
Once we got there, it was a 50/50 chance their machine would
be on and functioning
The steamers would always be more HOT than flavorful
But I never complained
I'd just wait for my taste buds to bounce back
And then I would work on convincing
 someone (Kellie) into giving Common Cents another go

But with the help of the Farleys,
My world transformed
 I was able to count on having a steamer--nightly
And that is precisely how often I treated myself
Consistently
Until I had polished off each of their flavorings,
Every last steamer cup,
 and milk (on more than one occasion)
I literally brought a gallon of milk to their house because
I felt so awful about my terrible obsession
Of course they never said anything
They have always treated me like family
And so, I guess...I maybe got a little too comfortable

For my birthday a few months back,
Guess what my in-laws gave me?
(along with sickening amounts of other gifts)
That is right.
Steamer stuff.
They also had to restock their supply
(sorry)
I got five bottles of flavoring
And this is fancy, mail-ordered, top-of-the-line flavoring
I don't know if I was more excited or embarrassed
When I opened that gift

But the truth is, we just barely busted out
Our steamer-maker the other night
Here at home
And I remembered the bliss that accompanies
the steaming hot, but now not too hot, flavored milk
And you can put your money on me making
steamers nightly, once again




We tried gingerbread--
It didn't disappoint






hers                    +                     his


Steamers + Home + Husband + The Office + Pajamas

=

My favorite date night

EVER.


PS I love winter

6 comments:

Tiffany Nelson said...

Oh my will you please make me a steamer??? I go to Starbucks at least 3 times a week to get a vanilla steamer. I need a machine!!!

Rachael said...

I have never heard of this! Shocked?

Nick and Brandi said...

I'm right there with ya rachael! Would you please make me one?!

kristifarley said...

Let my know when you're out of flavors! I know how to get you more. Yum Yum!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Sweet, I'm on my way over. That date night does sound marvelous! How about Book Club at Shanae's house? We could even have a read a thon while drinking steamers...think about it

Jenna said...

Looks delicious! Your description made me feel like I was actually drinking one.....mmmmmmmm sounds so good. Make some next Bunco? Love you girl.